Reducing single use plastics
Single use plastic accelerates climate change through greenhouse gas emissions at every stage of its lifecycle, but within our local community there are ever-increasing ways to reduce your reliance on it. This group helps champion ways we can reduce single use plastic in our homes and local businesses.
Areas where you can make a difference include:
- Carrying one of our Boomerang bags
- Using a water bottle when out and about, and using one of the ‘re-fill’ participants
- Shopping with your own plastic container at the following shops - A C Partners butchers, Walkers the Baker, Wotton Farm Shop
- Buy loose goods by weight and packaging free (local suppliers include: 'Leaf and Ground' in Dursley, 'Good Food on the Edge' fruit and veg shop, 'Loose' in Stroud)
- Cook as much of your own food from scratch as possible
- Pick up alternatives for single-use plastic, including beeswax wraps, glass kilner jars and bamboo cutlery
We are joining the Wotton Lions who are organising a litter pick in our area on Sunday 27th September 2020 to coincide with the Great British Litter Pick (see below). Please contact us or the Lions for more information.