Wotton Area Climate Action Network privacy notice
In this privacy notice we try to answer some key questions you may have about the way in which we collect, manage and use your personal data.
What information is being collected?
Depending on how you become known to us, we may collect some or all of the following information from you:
- first name
- last name
- email address
- telephone numbers
- photographs (with your permission, at events)
- the date and time of key events around your engagement with Wotton Area Climate Action Network
- the IP address from which you opted in or out of our newsletter mailing list
- your approximate location when opting in or out of our newsletter mailing list
- the website from which you submitted your information
- social media account details
- text detailing requirements, interests, concerns, suggestions
- any skills and capabilities you have volunteered
- your communications preferences
- any additional information that you choose to provide us (e.g. changes to the details above, your reasons for unsubscribing etc.)
Who is collecting it?
- Wotton Area Climate Action Network
How is it collected?
- Wotton Area Climate Action Network website (http://www.wottonareacan.org/)
- Paper based forms at Wotton Area Climate Action Network events and meetings
- Survey data collected through third party survey providers (surveymonkey.com)
- Emailed requests from you
- When you contact one of the Wotton Area Climate Action Network team directly (for example, to discuss attending one of our events or meet with a topic-based sub group of Wotton Area Climate Action Network)
Why is it being collected and how will it be used?
- To communicate with you about areas of interest
- To contact you using the most appropriate channels and formats
- To communicate with you only about those specific areas you have signed up for
- To tell you about forthcoming events
- To keep you informed about what’s been happening
- To offer opportunities for you to contribute your skills
- To deliver content to you in the most appropriate format
Who will it be shared with?
- The coordinators of Wotton Area Climate Action Network
Third parties that provide essential services to Wotton Area Climate Action Network:
- Mailchimp to manage bulk mailings.
What will be the effect of this on the individuals concerned?
- You may receive regular newsletters
- You may receive occasional targeted communications
- Rarely you may receive requests from Wotton Area Climate Action Network specific to the skills, capabilities you have told us about
- You may receive rare automated emails to confirm actions you have taken or to otherwise ensure that the data we hold on you is secure
- You may receive occasional telephone contact where you have provided a telephone number and have explicitly volunteered skills, time or help to Wotton Area Climate Action Network.
Is the intended use likely to cause individuals to object or complain?
- It is unlikely that the frequency or volume of communications would cause an individual to object or complain
- Requests for specific involvement would only be done where explicit permission had been granted
How to get in touch if you have a question, complaint or would like to remove your data:
Please email email@example.com
Privacy Notice v2.0 13/06/2020